The museum of vain endeavours essay
The museum displays as well the heroic endeavors of Jorge Chavez and pioneers like Bielovucic and Tenaud. The development of the aeronautic technology is presented in the temporary exhibition rooms. Here you can see different airplane models, arms and various pieces of equipment that were used by the Peruvian Air Force. The walls of the museum tell stories about the energetic and faithful testimony of a rich aeronautic history, full of tradition, adventure, heroic episodes and fearless endeavours. Exhibition Areas of the Museum The Aeronautical Museum has the following exhibitions and areas:
- Exhibition Room 1 "Between Myth and History" displays pieces of the Nazca, Chimu, dissected birds and reproductions of textiles that show the wish of ancient men to fly.
- Exhibition Room 2 "Facts about Aviation History" shows a replica of the first air balloon, and gives information aboutthe first Peruvian flying it in 1840.
- Exhibition Room 3 "Pedro Ruiz Gallo" gives us an understanding of the patriarch of Peruvian aviation.
- Exhibition Room 4 is dedicated to "Pedro Paulet Mostajo", a pioneer of aerospace aviation who invented the first liquid fuel motor (1895) and the first rocket propulsion system (1900).
- Exhibition Room 5 "Jorge Chavez" shows among other things Chavez's flight over the Alps, the achievements of Elmar Faucett and informs about the first Peruvian who visited the National School of Aeronautics of Peru.
- Exhibition Room 6 is dedicated to "Alejandro Velasco Astete" the first pilot that flew over the Andes from Limato Cuzco in 1925.
- Exhibition Room 7 "Aeronautical Body" informs about Lazaro Orrego.
- Exhibition Room 8 displays photographs and personal belongings of "Armando Revoredo Iglesias".
- The arcades of the museum shows different scale models of airships.
- In various areas pictures, sculptures, badges and objects of heroes of Peruvian Aviation.
General Info Street: Av. Jorge Chávez, Las Palmas District: Santiago de Surco City: Lima Region: Lima Phone: (+511) 247-5893 or 213-5200 Website: http:///museofap Email: [email protected] Visitors Details Opening Hours: Mon to Fri am to pm and pm to pm Opening Hours Info: Call before visiting! Entrance Fees: Adults: S/. 3, Children: S/. 1 Comments # Nancy Lindenberg 2014-12-29 02:55 Gentlemen: I have a collection of old black-and-white photos from the earliest days of aviation in the Lima area, Arequipa, Hacienda Cinto, and Mollendo landing field. The first Ford Tri-Motor at Arequipa; and other pictures from Pan American Grace airlines, dating from 1919 and the 1930's. Would your museum be interested in these? Reply | Reply with quote | Quote Refresh comments list Add comment Name (required)
All this testing results in certificates to comply with the requirements of local authorities, insurance companies, landlords, and purchasers of property.
Telephone: (01223) 333456
Fax: (01223) 333450
Email: [email protected]
We extend our thanks and appreciation to all those who made the . possible and invite and encourage all Ethiopians to contribute to this effort by sharing any photographs, documents or ephemera on the “Red Terror.” Your support and participation will help us memorialize the martyrs, ensuring their lives were not lost in vain. Together as a community, country, continent and planet we pay homage to the Martyrs!